1958: Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) founded in response to a need for quality rehabilitation services for persons with disabilities.
1964: Polio Clinic is established in Port Reitz (Mombasa) by Mombasa Roundtable No. 3, to rehabilitate children afflicted with polio.
1971: APDK takes over the operation of the Polio Clinic, renaming it to APDK Rehabilitation Clinic.
1970s: As the incidence of polio diminished, services are expanded to assist children and adults with various types of physical and neurological disabilities.
1991: Expansion and renovation of the clinic, including 3 new ward buildings for smaller children, boys and girls, as well as a class room.